Saturday, December 23, 2006

Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays to everyone! We've enjoyed receiving many cards from all of you.

First, I fully realize I've been negligent in keeping our blog up-to-date! I PROMISE I'll do better!

We have lots of news over the past couple of months to tell you about!


The big news for me is that I have a new job! In early October, I found out my position at Intel was eliminated. We knew that our organization was going to be cut significantly, so I began looking for another job in late September. Luck and karma were on my side, because a day after I posted my resume onto Monster.com, I was contacted by Yahoo. About one month and 8 interviews later, I received and accepted the offer. I work as the Operations Manager for the Small Business Sales organization. I started on November 13. This job gives me a lot more responsibility than I had at Intel, and the atmosphere is much more young and 'hip'. I'm enjoying it and feel very fortunate to be able to start something so good so quickly.


I had a couple of weeks before my start date at Yahoo, so we decided to take a vacation to Disneyland. We were planning to go next summer anyway, so the timing was really good. It was a wonderful trip! We spent 4 days in the parks there. Audrey (turned 3 in Oct) really loved meeting and hugging the characters, and Chad (turns 6 in Jan) really liked the rides. He rode Pirates of the Carribean 6 times. He also rode some of the scarier rides like Space Mountain and Splash Mountain. We enjoyed the short lines (we were there weekdays in the off-season) but a freak November heat wave had us heading for the hotel pool in the early afternoon. After swimming and dinner, we'd head back into the parks for evening rides and parades.


We enjoyed a family trip to Granbury Texas to visit Teresa's parents for Thanksgiving. Chad and Audrey enjoyed trips to the Dollar Store, playing in Grandma and Grandpa's spacious backyard and riding around on the electric car that Grandpa bought from Uncle Bruce! We were even lucky enough to ride first class on the flight back! I could get used to that.

Over the past couple of weeks we've enjoyed receiving your wonderful cards and well wishes. We hope you are enjoying the holiday season, all our love to you and yours. I've assembled a little slideshow below with some of the pictures from the past few months. Enjoy!


1 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Blogger A Teamers said...

Congrats on the new position with Yahoo! I hope all is well with you and your family. It's a bummer you never made it down to Brazil for a "training" or something :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home